Christmas in Norway lasts a couple of weeks into January. Here on January 8th the Sandvika Ward got together for Julefest where they retired the Christmas tree. As you can see they walk around the tree singing traditional songs. This is followed by Julenissen (Santa) visiting the kids and missionaries. Then, of course, they eat. A fun tradition. 
Julenissen
Norwegian bunad, traditional dress. This is Sister Kittlesen and her grandchildren at church just before Christmas.
Norwegian bunad, traditional dress. This is Sister Kittlesen and her grandchildren at church just before Christmas.
In Norway the national sport is skiing. All year, but especially during winter when there's lot of ice, many people walk around with ski poles to brace themselves.
Winter from the office window. Dana's taken pics from the same spot during summer, fall, and winter. Won't get spring because we're moving to Trondheim.
Oslo Time





1 comment:
Ski poles! What a great idea! I think I'll start that around here. I have to crawl to my car for fear of falling in our parking lot. And is it just me, or is that the worst Julenissen ever! Maybe they do it different in Norway...
Post a Comment